OUR MISSION STATEMENT
“We are a Christian community which exists to worship God and to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all people.”
Murwillumbah is a parish of the Anglican Diocese of Grafton. We are part of the Anglican Church of Australia and the world-wide Anglican Communion.
Murwillumbah Parish is the “mother” parish of the Anglican Church in the Tweed Valley. The first recorded service was held in Murwillumbah on 26 September 1870 and regular worship commenced with the appointment of Rev’d Thomas E Fox as the first Vicar of the Tweed and Brunswick on 23 December 1886. The district was raised to Parish status on 28 July 1901.
The centre of the Parish of Murwillumbah is the church of “All Saints'”, a magnificent building in a dominant position in the town. It is the third site on which Anglicans have gathered and has been the focal point of worship since 1 November 1960.
Situated in the extreme north-east corner of New South Wales, we are blessed with the diversities of access to the Pacific Coast, a beautiful rural valley and magnificent mountains with the dominant feature of Mt Warning (Wollumbin).
The Parish has a strong tradition of music and traditional Anglican worship and is proud of its well-maintained facilities. ‘All Saints'” is a very open and uncluttered church built along traditional cruciform lines. It also lends itself to uses other than regular worship, and often hosts concerts and other public events.
Murwillumbah has a caring, friendly and inclusive group of committed Christians who seek to do their part for the mission of the wider church. We welcome visitors and new parishioners, and gladly encourage the excercise of the gifts of any who God sends to join us.
The parish has two country churches. In Uki there is the wooden heritage Holy Trinity church and at Tyalgum there is the church of St John.
The Church Office is situated in All Saints’ Undercroft, beneath the church.
Appointments with clergy may be made by phone or email.
32 Byangum Rd
(or postal address: P.O Box 249)
Telephone: (02) 6672 6070
Fax: (02) 6672 3410